Azteca FC was founded August 2013 in Sacramento, CA. The club currently has two men’s teams (premier and reserve), outdoor youth teams which participate in Liga Del Pacifico (ages 7-14), and a Youth Futsal Development Program (ages 6-15). The teams train and compete year round, new players are always welcome to try out. Youth futsal training is offered year round for players of any skill level Monday-Friday 6-8pm, drop ins welcome. The men compete in two leagues: San Francisco Soccer Football League and United Premier Soccer League . Founded in 1902, the SFSFL is the most historic adult amateur league in the United States, currently four clubs from SFSFL have been champions of the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup With a strong finish in 2017, Azteca FC claimed both the Golden Boot (Striker Ryan Campbell with 30 goals in regular season play) and posted the best goal differential of the league. This success allowed for the promotion into the next division. The team participates in San Francisco Soccer Football League : Azteca FC March-August. The Men’s premier team participates in the UPSL September-December UPSL – Azteca FC
One of the core philosophies of Azteca FC is sending players within the club to College Identification camps, Professional academy tryouts, ODP (Olympic Developmental program) tryouts, and pushing players onto the ECNL and DA level. The training philosophy is to prepare players for whatever level they truly want to dedicate themselves to achieve.
All coaches are licensed through USSF and seek to continually develop on and off the field.
The mission of Azteca FC is to develop players. We emphasize personal development on and off the field and creating players who love the game.
AZTECA FC EMPHASIZES THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FOUR PILLARS OF SOCCER
1) Physical 2) Technical 3) Tactical 4) Mental
All of our training sessions are designed to develop the player. Azteca FC Men’s Premier Team have been champions at two main indoor soccer arenas, Soccer World Elk Grove (Summer 2014), Estadio Azteca (Fall 2013), and second place in the Thanksgiving tournament at Soccer Planet (November 2013). They were also champions of the premier division in the Central California Soccer League Capital City Cup (July 2014). Champions of the Williams Invitational Tournament (January 2015).
Director of Coaching Rose Shoen states, “I want to be remembered as a coach who develops players and builds teams, rather than a coach who simply collects talent.” Rose Shoen has coached previously at various levels of competitive men’s, women’s, and youth soccer. She currently holds her National “D” Coaching license and is in the process of taking the USSF National “C” Coaching license, and AFAA personal trainer license. Her goal is to keep developing all the players of the club and strengthen the current core of the team.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1) Each player is considered an investment for the club as a whole.
2) It is expected that players and parents within Azteca FC act mature on and off the field.
3) Once you sign with the team it is expected that you exhibit good sportsmanship to opponents, the coaching staff, your teammates, referees, and league officials.
4) It is expected that you arrive on time. We require that players are at the field 45-30 minutes prior to kick off in order to prepare mentally and physically for the game. Players are required to bring their own shin guards, white socks, white shorts, appropriate shoes (cleats, turf shoes, or futsal shoes), and warm up shirt to practices and games.
5) This is a futbol club for players who love soccer and want to compete.